Are you hoping to purchase your dream home using the funds from selling your existing property? Part Exchange schemes are a great option for house buyers wanting to avoid the stress of putting their home on the market. Instead, we offer to buy your existing property from you for a fair and realistic price, and you get to move into a brand new home without having to pay expensive estate agent fees or worry about house buying chains.
The best part is, with a guaranteed cash buyer, you could be moving into your new home much sooner than you think. So, if you’ve got your eye on your dream home at one of our new developments, you could be in by Christmas.
Here are some top tips for getting your existing home ready for Part Exchange:
- Make a great first impression: Even though you won’t be selling your home on the open market yourself, you still want to maximise the selling value of your property. So, ensure your home is clean, tidy and presentable, especially when it’s being valued.
- Paint: A new lick of paint on the walls can work wonders. While you may love your green living room or pink kitchen, it may be best to transform it into a blank canvas for the next owner. And if you have any chipped or tired-looking woodwork, a fresh coat of white paint can go a long way.
- Maximise space and declutter: Present your home in the best possible way by making it feel as spacious and open as possible. Get rid of all that clutter you no longer want (it’ll save you a job when moving!) and consider putting larger pieces of furniture into storage or swapping things around to make the most of the space you have.
- Tidy up outside: The weather may not be great at this time of year, but there’s still plenty you can do to make your garden and outside space attractive. Mow your lawn, weed and plant some seasonal shrubs and flowers to maximise your kerb appeal.
- Repair, replace and clean: You may have been putting up with that leaky tap in your kitchen for months, but now is the time to get it repaired, or replace it. You don’t want to affect the value of your house with something you could sort out yourself or replace inexpensively. Clean and polished fixtures and fittings will make a huge difference too.
To find out more about our Part Exchange scheme, read our information page here or get in touch.